Hunting in Namibia
This successful programme has resulted in a win-win situation for both humans earning a livelihood, and conservation and sustainability. It takes into account attracting tourists and hunting in a managed and sustainable way.
All hunting resorts are under the strict supervision of the Directorate of Resource Management of the Ministry of Environment and Tourism (MET).
Hunting fast facts
- The trophy-hunting season for huntable game is 1 February to 30 November each year
- Trophy hunting is allowed from half an hour before sunrise to half an hour after sunset
- The relevant permit/s must be obtained from the MET before the hunt commences
- A maximum of two trophies per species per hunting client per permit is allowed
- Handguns, automatic firearms and crossbows are prohibited